Saturday, January 14, 2012

4 days to go...

In four days I will be leaving to spend a semester abroad in Geneva, Switzerland! Therefore, I thought it was time to begin the stereotypical blog for my abroad adventures :)

I will be spending four months in Switzerland on an SIT study abroad program during which I will be taking part in a home stay and learning the language of the region (in Geneva this is French).  My family lives in Signy, Switzerland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signy-Avenex) - which is about 30 minutes away from Geneva, so in the mornings I will have to take a bus to Nyon and then from Nyon to Switzerland.  Knowing no French, the first few weeks of this program will probably be a little difficult for me but I am looking forward to the challenge.

Even before I began college I knew that I wanted to study abroad, though at the time I thought I wanted to go to England, and I am extremely happy that this dream is becoming a reality!  Make sure to regularly check on my blog to keep updated about my adventures (I promise the posts will be more exciting than this)!

No comments:

Post a Comment